Keep your skin healthy from the inside out! Juicy, ripe peaches and melons are now in season and are summer’s number one beauty secret. If you want your skin to look and feel better this summer, head for the nearest Harvest Home Farmer’s Market today! These luscious peaches and melons are ripened on our farms and picked the day before they’re brought to the market. They’re good for your skin and your taste buds!
Both fruits contain Vitamins A, C & E to help your skin look and feel its best. They work together with the sunshine to give your skin that summer glow. Vitamin A is essential for repairing skin damage and keeping it healthy. Vitamin C helps makes your skin nice and firm. Vitamin E protects your skin from the nasty free radicals that cause wrinkles.
Healthier skin – Check! Now what about the taste? Peaches and melons make delicious and juicy treats! Want them even cooler? Try freezing them!
- Blend 2 cups of chopped peaches with 2 cups of melon, either honeydew or cantaloupe with 1 cup of water
- Freeze in a paper cup, a popsicle mold or an ice cube tray and leave space for the mixture to expand when freezing
- For different flavors, add a 1 tablespoon of chopped mint or 2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Creamsicles (aka Frozen Smoothies)
- Blend 3 cups of melon and peaches or just melon with ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt, ½ teaspoon lemon juice & ½ teaspoon honey
- Freeze in a paper cup, popsicle mold or an ice cube tray and leave space for the mixture to expand when freezing
Peaches and melons have a ton of uses in addition to being great snacks. Both add flavor to salads, salsas and smoothies. You can also mix them with veggies or pair them with chicken. Their delicious and refreshing while giving your skin a summer glow. Be creative and enjoy!